Wednesday 11 June 2008

Hulu

I just found out about a new website called Hulu.com. NBC Universal and News Corp formed this site as a joint venture to make streaming video of TV shows, movies and clips available to the public online, legally and for free. The site is not limited to NBC or Fox content, but includes material from other networks and studios as well.

With my great love of bad TV, this sounds great, right? Not exactly.

It turns out, they haven't yet sorted out the licensing issues outside of the United States. So for the time being at least, you cannot view the videos if you access the site from outside the US. The site tells me they are working on it, and I've registered so that they can let me know when it becomes available to the rest of the world.

Until then, I guess my free time won't get sucked up watching bad online video, and I will still have time to write this blog.

No comments: