Friday 23 May 2008

Utter Dissapointment

Although I was happy that I could eventually watch the later part of the Champions League final on TV Wednesday night, the outcome devastated me, especially after I thought we had won it in the penalty shootout. Penalties seem like a completely random and inappropriate way to decide the winner in contests like these.

The only solace I take is that Didier Drogba's disgraceful behaviour prompting his sending-off probably ensures his exit from Stamford Bridge before next season. Good riddance to bad rubbish. His diving, laziness and all around consistently poor sportsmanship has no place on a team like Chelsea and the team should have sold him long ago.

Hopefully they will rebuild the team during the off-season around the core players: Essian, Terry, Lampard, both Cole's and the others who always give their all and play with passion and dignity. The other Prima Donna's should go immediately.


Worse than losing, I hate seeing the team that my friend calls "those Manc bastards" win. Anyone but them!

No comments: