Thursday 22 May 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Back in January, I commented about how much I liked Eos Airlines and how I feared that they might become backrupt, as a similar all business class airline called MaxJet had previously gone broke.

Well, a few weeks ago my fears were realised and Eos went in the tank. It's really a pity, as they truly offered a superior product for a reasonable (relatively) price. Unfortunately, the major airlines recognised this and cut their prices, effectively running Eos out of business.

Now Silverjet remains the only lower-priced business class airline flying from London to the US. I wonder how long before they join their former competitors on the scrap heap? When that happens, the majors will raise their fares again and I'll be relegated to the back of the bus.

Yikes!

No comments: