Friday 24 April 2009

Report Card

I've been reading Robert Reich's blog and have come to appreciate how clued-in he his. He's published a report card on Obama's economic policies as the administration comes up on its first hundred days. The full post makes good reading, but summarised, his verdict is:
The 10-year budget gets an A. It's an extraordinary vision of what America can and should become, including universal health insurance and environmental protections against climate change.

The stimulus package gets a B. Good as far as it goes but doesn't go nearly far enough.

The last grade is for the bank bailouts. I give them an F. I'm a big fan of this administration, but I've got to be honest. The bailouts are failing.
I agree on all counts, especially his conclusion: good but not good enough.

No comments: