Wednesday 29 April 2009

More Frites Please

Tonight I'm headed to one of my favourite London restaurants, Le Relais de Venise L'EntrecĂ´te. It's a London offshoot of a Paris original that takes great pains to remain true to its Parisian roots.

The beauty is in its simplicity: no bookings, no menu, paper tablecloths and relatively low prices. Everybody eats the same thing: salad with secret mustard vinaigrette topped with walnuts followed by sirloin steak (cooked to order - go for rare, it's that good) and some of the best frites I've ever eaten. You do get a choice of deserts. I like the caramel ice cream.

It's no New York steakhouse, but of course it does not try to be one - nor should it. The atmosphere is thoroughly French and the steaks are excellent. The atmosphere is fun and informal, and the price is right.


I cannot wait for dinner!

No comments: