Monday 30 March 2009

Rush and the Wingnuts

Wacko Andrew Klavan wrote an opinion piece in the LA Times Sunday saying that he knows with "certainty" that liberals who oppose Rush Limbaugh have not actually listened to him, even if they say they have.

He goes on to berate and insult Rush's detractors:
You don't need to listen to him. You've heard enough to know he's a) racist, b) hateful, c) stupid, d) merely an outrageous entertainer not to be taken seriously or e) all of the above.

Now let me tell you the real answer: You're a lowdown, yellow-bellied, lily-livered intellectual coward. You're terrified of finding out he makes more sense than you do.

I listen to Limbaugh every chance I get, and I have never heard the man utter a single racist, hateful or stupid word.
Now, I don't know who this guy is or who he's actually been listening to, but I have listened to Rush Limbaugh. I also watch Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck sometimes too (ick!) because I like to know what these guys are thinking (I use the term loosely) and saying.

After listening, I believe that regardless of whether or not he really is any of these things, Limbaugh says things that make him appear to be a) racist, b) hateful, c) stupid, d) merely an outrageous entertainer not to be taken seriously and e) all of the above. Also f) delusional, g) deranged and h) untruthful.

But perhaps I'm wrong about d). People really do take these guys seriously. It's scary.

No comments: