Monday 8 September 2008

Music From TV to Me

Every once and a while I re-discover how amazing the internet really is.

For a while (well, a few years actually), I had been wondering about a song used as background music for a Vodafone TV ad that aired back in 2002. I kind of liked it and wouldn't mind having it on my i-pod; however, I had no idea of the song's name or who recorded it.

Finally, I decided to see if I could find the song. It took about three minutes. I found a site called Song of the Salesman, a database of music from UK television commercials, searched for "Vodafone" and found the song in about thirty seconds.


This is a very cool site. I guess I didn't need to wait six years to find it -- the ease in which I found the song makes me feel silly for procrastinating. But hey, I didn't have an i-pod back then, so it really wouldn't have mattered.

Oh yeah, the song is "Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols

No comments: