Friday 4 April 2008

Trendy Hotels Redux

My experiences with trendy hotels continue, this time in New York. I am staying at The London NYC for the next couple of nights (I will refrain from commenting on the absurdity of travelling from London to New York to stay in a hotel call "London").

I cannot really find fault with this hotel. In fact, this place has everything I like in a hotel. The staff provides friendly and discreetly efficient service, the bed is comfortable, the room is spacious, the price is reasonable (by New York standards) and there's free wireless internet.

So why did they ruin the experience by filling the room with silly furniture? This sofa is so weird I cannot even sit on it. Trust me, it is truly as uncomfortable as it looks.


And what's the story with these lamps?

No comments: