Saturday 19 September 2009

Good-Bye to Muffin Tops

Good news. If, like me, you're tired of seeing bare midrifts bulging out of too-tight jeans, help is on the way.

The Evening Standard reports that cosmetic surgeons in London have developed a procedure to eradicate the “muffin top” bulge of fat that spills over the waist of women's jeans. This problem appears to be particularly acute in the southeast of England, but no doubt it's reaching epidemic proportions in the USA as well.

Basically it's liposuction, but on surface layers rather than on deep layers of fat.

I've got an easier and probably less painful way of getting rid of this problem: don't wear tops that expose your stomach if you're overweight (that's what I do).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I have never heard of this as being called a muffin top. It is so true though that when a larger girl wears a pair of tight women's jeans and a small blouse or shirt it looks like the top of a muffin that is peaking over the jeans. If it were me I would just not wear those sort of things instead of having surgery.